The aerospace industry is heavily regulated in areas like maintenance and engineering, but not in engine logistics. We have developed protocols for all KN EngineChain operations.
Our carrier assessments and Quality, Health, Safety and Environment (QSHE) processes and documents are the basis to mitigate risks along the full supply chain. To ensure superior standards and performance, all carrier partners are subject to a strict carrier assessment so that we reduce the risk of engines being mishandled or damaged.
- Assessed and certified air and road carrier base (where possible)
- Questionnaire to assess the general carrier capabilities in regards to engine transport
- Network assessment listing station specific engine transport capabilities
- Supplier Management Tool (SMT) which supports the process of approving suppliers
- Hub level audits
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
Every shipment and every operation has customised SOPs to ensure that agreements are observed, and that all shipments receive a consistently high level of care and attention. Each SOP states in detail the needs of your shipment, including specific trade lane requirements and escalation procedures.
- Engine specific for every engine type
- Handling instructions for each engine
- QSHE approved making sure everything is audited and compliant
- Global exception management & escalation procedures
- Easy to access at all times, kept up to date and fully approved by all stakeholders